[casi] The price of occupation

Once it becomes possible to charge a price to someone that price can vary depending upon all sorts
of factors.  For instance the Gulf War was charged on by the USA to various parties at various
rates.  That could have been at the marginal cost, but I would be surprised if it was.  I would
expect the figures to include "profit" for all sorts of things.

For example you can charge for a soldier being in the gulf on the following four bases:
a) No charge
b) The marginal cost, the additional costs of fuel for flying the soldier to the gulf and
additional food costs
c) The total cost, includes the salary of the soldier and possibly something for training
d) A full charge - the same price as a mercenary would charge.

There are lots of other options as well.

I wonder sometimes if the reason why the US wishes to bomb Iraq when it is not necessary to is
because they have paid already for the bombs and would like to charge someone else for them with an
additional on cost for delivery charges.