[casi] Motive for war

20, New Road,
Hailey, Oxon
England OX29 9TZ

                               5th January,2003    01993  775080

Dear Sir,

I was very encouraged to read your article entitled 'What This War Is Not
About'
by Rick Salutin. It is of the greatest importance if the drive to war is to
be stopped that we understand the motive behind it. Certainly, your article
clears away a great deal of confusion in dismissing most of the claimed
'excuses'.

It seems to me that there are only two 'reasons' untouched, first the wish to
control Iraqi oil, and second the wish to comply with Israel's wishes to
control the Arab world.
In looking at these alternatives, consider what support the 'war' party has.
None, apart from Bush,whose administration is riddled with Zionist
supporters, Blair, who is on record as complaining that Arafat did not accept
Barak's completely inadequate offer at Camp David, and Sharon, himself.

I suggest the motive for war is obvious and shameful.

Yours faithfully,
http://www.globeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleNews/PEstory/TGAM/20030103/COSALU3/

Columnists/columnists/columnistsNational_temp/2/2/4/