[casi] Why is Saddam a threat?

It seems to me that Saddam is a threat because Bush
says so. Interestingly, the following argument
showing Santa Claus exists is more rigorous (due to
Bruno Marchal):

Consider the following sentence S

    If this sentence is true then Santa Claus
exists.

or equivalently:

    If S is true then Santa Claus exists.

S being that very sentence.

I will first prove that S is true.
To prove it, let us suppose that S is true. But
then S is true and
"If S is true then Santa Claus exists" is true. But
then
by the usual modus ponens it follows that Santa
Claus exists.
So I have proved that from assuming S true it
follows that Santa
Claus exists. But this is exactly what S says so I
have given
a proof of S.
Now, we know that S is true. But S says exactly
that if S is true
then Santa Claus exists. So by applying modus
ponens again, we can
conclude that Santa Claus exists. QED.

Zon Breedband Family, 2 keer zo snel als alle andere ADSL aanbieders.
Voor maar 34 euro per maand.
Bestel nu op www.zonnet.nl/breedband en krijg het modem gratis.