Re: [casi] Iraq - what next?

In a message dated 12/23/2002 10:36:11 AM Central Standard Time,
john.hemming@jhc.co.uk writes:

> It is, however, the case that unless there is a clear strategy that involves
> US support for an uprising by the Iraqi people that the US understand can
> work that they are likely to go for what they see as the easy option of
> invading.

So what we are writing/speaking about here is a foreign government inciting
an uprising against a dictator who will defend himself/his government with
whatever force he deems necessary?  Which will result in the deaths of
thousands of human beings?

Whether a person is a soldier or a civilian, they are persons.  Supporting a
military coup or military invasion is supporting the deaths of countless
human beings.

Let's discuss ways to work to change the hearts and minds of the players.

Let's utilize INCINTIVES/REWARDS to coerce, peacefully, SH into decent
behavior.  Let's use positive reinforcement.

Let's make it more profitable for SH to deal humanely with people.

Let's turn away from the notions that violence will solve our problems and
explore ways in which lives will not be sacrificed.

Roger Stroope
Treat others not as you wish to, but as they wish to be...
Austin College, Sherman Texas