Re: [casi] New Study on the Cost of a War with Iraq

Hello all,
Mr Abbas Alnasrawi is right. According to a study, published by The American
Academy of Arts & Sciences: "War with Iraq, costs, consequences &
alternatives", written by Carl Kaysen, Steven E.Miller, Martin B.Malin,
William D.Nodrhaus & John D.Steinbruner, a study that can be found here:
http://www.amacad.org/publications/monographs/War_with_Iraq.pdf
the real costs of a war against Iraq and the aftermath, could reach the
figure (beyond any imagination!) of 1.900 billion $, in the worst case
scenario. This could mean the deathblow of world-economy.
Nor the American, nor the British government have told their citizens this
dark side of their war-games.
Who is going to pay for this? Who will suffer? Not only the Iraqi's, but the
whole world, and especially in the third world. Can you imagine the
consequences?
It's a mad, mad, mad world, with Dr Strangelove at the wheel. The
peace-movement has a great responsibility in the world's future. We must
focus on these kind of facts and explain them to the world-community .
Greetings.
Dirk Adriaensens.