Re: [casi] Resolution 1441

To explain further what I mean by Sooni or Sunni Tribes.  It is frequently estimated that there are
150 tribes in Iraq.  These tend to link to one of the three main ethnic groups for example.  [There
is also a confusion caused in the Roman script through the difficulty of transliterating from
Arabic to Roman.  I cannot read Arabic although I can read Urdu - the official language of Pakistan
(a bit - not that I understand that much) which is similar in terms of script although a completely
different language group to Arabic, but the same major family as Kurdish and English.]

As I understand it.  The Jiburi/Jibouri, Delemi/Dulaimi, Said, and Hajam are examples of Sunni Arab
tribes.  Tribes such as Zubeidi, Hakim or Rikkab are Shia Arabs.  Kurdish tribes include Baradusti
and Surchi.

Saddam's support has historically been substantially stronger in the Sunni Tribes than the Marsh
Arabs (Shia) or Kurds (also Sunni).

I may have some of the analysis in detail wrong, but the general picture is correct.  If anyone can
point me at a list of tribes and the ethnic groups they belong to I would appreciate it.