Re: [casi] RE: Iraq - Potential Consequences of War

In a message dated Sat, 09 Nov 2002 16:16:41 +0000, asceptic@freenetname.co.uk writes:

> Every life has a name, each is some mother's son or
> daughter, not a
> statistic.

For my bleeding heart part in all of this, I must say amen.  Whatever the situation, going into a
conflict with our eyes wide open, knowing that
peoplehumanswivesmothersfathershusbandschildrenauntsunclesgrandparentsetcetcetc. will be killed,
KNOWING this, we are no better than any other murderers.

Martin L. King Jr said, "we have a choice between non-violence, and non-existence."

We may not iradicate all life on the planet under the US Imperium, but I can scarcely imagine a
regime less intelligent, less inciteful, less introspective, less qualifed, less merciful, less
legitimate, to have the ability to send us on our collective path to hell than George W.

For my part, there is only one choice, non-violence.  Sanctions must end, wars and rumors of wars
must end.  If the world will do this right, SH can be brought into the fold and we can all live.
The alternative is too horrible to imagine.
There are no nameless, there are no faceless, they are all loved by someone, we must stand up for
rationality throughout this struggle.  We ultimately must stand up!

Roger Stroope
Austin College
"Ideas are more powerful than weapons."

"Individuals have international duties which transcend the national obligations of
obedience…Therefore [individual citizens] have the duty to violate domestic laws to prevent
crimes against peace and humanity from occurring" -- Nuremberg War Crime Tribunal, 1950