[casi] Civilian Deaths, '91 Desert Storm

Apparently the US has succeeded in slaughtering the civilians of Iraq and
erasing their names from history.  To date I have no names.  Have they truly
been erased?  I have more than two dozen students willing to get on their
knees to write the names of these civilians, to cover the sidewalks with
these names under the watchful eye of the news media, unfortunately we have
nothing to write for Iraq.

I saw this not only as an effort to remember the lost, to force Bush1 to
remember the lost, but an opportunity to get our media involved and educate a
campus and a town.  The project continues but the people I most wanted to
remember will not be there.

These students are part of the model UN under Dr. Shelton Williams.  A man
who worked with Madeleine Albright, a man who has major governmental
connections, a man who insures that students from AC go on to work in US
politics.

If any of you have any ideas, please please help out!  The only reason our
government here in the US and governments around the world can behave the way
they do is because of secrecy.  They shroud their actions in a blanket of
lies and prevent "breakthrough of sympathy."  They did it at Dresden, they
did it in Japan through de-contextualization, they did it in Vietnam,
Cambodia, North Korea, Afghanistan 1 and 2, and so so many other places
including virtually all of Latin America.  We have stacks of pages of names
from US escapades in LA, but none from the middle east.

Additionally, thanks to those of you who sent signatures for our nonviolent
peace petition for George W.   Bush1 will be handed this in four days.

Roger Stroope
"Ideas are more powerful than weapons"
Austin College

"Individuals have international duties which transcend the national
obligations of obedience…Therefore [individual citizens] have the duty to
violate domestic laws to prevent crimes against peace and humanity from
occurring" -- Nuremberg War Crime Tribunal, 1950