[casi] Re: The same old academic findings re: US public support of war

[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]

Mr. Hurd:  Why repeat this academic rehashing of the point that the US public
will tolerate an Iraqi war? It is one thing to want to get a realistic
assessment of the chances for war and support of it, and quite another to keep
hammering the point that such support is set in stone. Why don't these
academics reframe the questions and start asking those they are polling
different questions. For example: how would you feel sending your son or
daughter to war to kill and be killed if the object of the war was the control
over Middle East oil to the benefit of the transnational companies? Doesn't
this question make at least as much sense as the questions our intellectual
experts are asking? The discourse box within which the academics work and from
which they produce expert findings is as limited as the discourse coming from
the mainstream US media, where, eventually, this academic drivel gets
published and the info disseminated.    Daniel.