[casi] International Peace appeal

Dear friends,
Can I ask you to sign this appeal, if you have not already done so, and to ask other people or
organisations to sign it too? The list of signatures is beginning to look quite impressive!
http://www.irak.be/ned/kalender/signatoriesIPA.htm. Those of you who signed already, I wish to
thank you in the name of the Iraqi people, in the name of peace, and sorry for the double posting.

For your information, the appeal is at the basis of a demonstration planned in Brussels for
November 10 (No War! No Sanctions! Free Palestine!). You are all of course very welcome. More info:
www.stopUSA.be

Best wishes

Dirk Adriaensens. www.irak.be

INTERNATIONAL PEACE APPEAL (English) - APPEL INTERNATIONAL POUR LA PAIX (FR) - INTERNATIONALE
OPROEP VOOR VREDE (NL) - APPELLO INTERNAZIONALE PER LA PACE (IT) - LLAMADO INTERNACIONAL POR LA PAZ
(ESP) - APPELO INTERNACIONAL PARA A PAZ (PORT) - INTERNATIONALER AUFRUF FÜR DEN FRIEDEN (Deutsch) -
????????????? ????????? ?? ??? (Russian) http://www.irak.be/ned/kalender/peacepledgeSOSIraq.htm

Stop the United States of Aggression!

No war against Iraq!

Three peace inspectors who visited Iraq last April, launch an international appeal against a new
war on Iraq.

"We oppose the war policy of the US. On 21 January 2002, US president Bush declared total war on
all countries and movements not prepared to submit to world domination by the US.

We oppose a new war against Iraq. The US alone spends more on defense than the nine other major
powers together.

No weapons of mass destruction have caused more victims than the 110,000 air attacks and the twelve
years of embargo against Iraq. Iraq has been bled dry, and mourns one and a half million victims.
Iraq is a third world country, not considered to be a threat by any of its neighbours. Leading UN
weapons inspectors declare that 95% of Iraq's military power has been destroyed.

We want to prevent Bush from igniting the whole Middle East with the sole aim of controlling the
region's oil resources and putting regimes into power which are willing to invest their oil profits
in the deeply indebted US economy.

Bush is trying to overthrow Saddam Hussein in order to have his hands free to take on the
Palestinians, Iran, Syria and even Saudi Arabia, where plunder by the US is encountering more and
more resistance. A war against Iraq increases the risk that larger-scale wars will ensue.

We oppose the war, because its collateral damages are racism and the breakdown of our democratic
rights. National liberation movements are being called 'terrorists'. Strikes are are declared
"unpatriotic" and millions of people are being enlisted to keep an eye on their neighbors.

Rebuilding Iraq would cost 50 billion dollars. The US and its allies want to spend double this
amount in order to destroy Iraq completely. They will deduct this money from the social security,
education, health-care and housing budgets of the allied countries"

For all these reasons, we demand:

  a.. Stop the United States of Aggression!
  b.. No war against Iraq! Stop bombing!
  c.. No sanctions! Lift the embargo against Iraq! No foreign interference!
  d.. Free Palestine! A Palestinian state now! Support the resistance of the Palestinian people!
An initiative of:

Michel Collon (journalist and writer) - michel.collon@skynet.be

Dirk Adriaensens (S.O.S. Iraq Belgium) - sos.irak@skynet.be

Luk Brusselaers (S.O.S. Children of Iraq, the Netherlands) - brusselaers@zeelandnet.nl

For more information or to sign this appeal on behalf of your association or trade union
committee,.Contact sos.irak@skynet.be.

version in other languages: http://www.irak.be/ned/kalender/peacepledgeSOSIraq.htm