[casi] Gore's Anti-war speech was censored

Sent to me by Democrats.com:

On Monday, September 23 2002, Al Gore gave a major speech on Iraq at
the Commonwealth Club in San Francisco.

Al Gore called the war on Iraq a distraction from the war on
terrorism, warned against unilateral action and Bush's new Doctrine
of Global Domination (a.k.a. preemptive strike policy), and addressed
the timing questions of Bush's war in Iraq.

How did the networks cover Gore's historic speech?

FOX News - No Coverage

CNN - Broadcast the first few minutes - then went back to Talk Back
Live.

MSNBC - Broadcast a portion of the speech - then Buchanan and Press
talked over the rest of it.

These are the same networks that routinely interrupt programming with
"breaking news" of press conferences concerning
kidnappings, child abuse, and baseball riots. And yet a major
anti-war speech by the WINNER of the 2000 election does not warrant
coverage in their opinion. But these same networks carry just about
every pro-war speech by Bush, Rumsfeld and Cheney.

We must demand equal time from the media. We CANNOT let them conduct
the hatchet job they did during campaign 2000.

We demand that Gore's speech be aired in prime time - and we demand
full coverage for the anti-war movement, which represents the
MAJORITY of Americans.

1. Call CNN at 404-827-1500

2. Call Fox News at (212) 301-3000

3. Call MSNBC at (201) 583-5000

4. Send this alert to every website you know

5. Send this alert to everyone in your mailing list

6. Contact your local paper's Editor

7. Go to FAIR's media contact list for more numbers:
http://www.fair.org/media-contact-list.html

8. Contact the media watchers:
reliablesources@cnn.com,newswatch@foxnews.com,nachman@msnbc.com

9. Support our tireless efforts for truth, justice, and the American
way with as generous a contribution as you can afford:
http://democrats.com/donate

~ Anai Rhoads

- - - -
http://savethechildren.org/childrenemerg.shtml