[casi] FW: More on Not In Our Name

----------
From: "Not In Our Name" <nion@cloud9.net>
To: <"Undisclosed-Recipient:;"@cloud9.net>
Subject: More on Not In Our Name
Date: Fri, Sep 20, 2002, 4:35 pm

Dear Signers of the Not In Our Name statement:

The response to the publication of the statement yesterday (September 19) in
the New York Times has been tremendous. We now have to do everything we can
to maximize the impact of the statement in these dangerous times.

Here are five things you can do today:

1) E-mail a letter to the editor to the Times in support of the statement
(letters@nytimes.com). In order to be printed, the Times requires that you
include an address and phone number.

2) Get the statement printed in your local community or campus press. Both
the text and NY Times ad itself can be downloaded from the statement web
site (www.nion.us). The statement can be published locally using some of the
core signers of the statement together with local signers, provided there is
no change or abbreviation of the text.

3) Make copies of the NYT ad and get them posted up in your area (or
download the pdf file from the web site and print it).

4) Download the audio file of Ossie Davis reading the statement. It is an
MP3 file. (PC users should right click on it and choose "save target as") It
would be very important for this to be played on community and campus radio
stations.

5) If you have not already contributed, send your check to Not In Our Name,
158 Church St., New York, NY 10007. This will make possible the publication
of the statement in more national and international venues. If you would
like your contribution to be tax-deductible, make the check to Bill of
Rights Foundation.