Re: [casi] Won't accept yes for an answer.

Roger,

My theory (I posted below about this as well) is that the US will make it far too difficult for
Iraq to accept or comply. It is the US' way of saying "Iraq is hiding something, they won't accept
our terms.. we must act now".

The problem this administration is facing is not a threat from Saddam, but from the free media.
Coverage exposing both sides is (and hopefully will continue to) change the minds of those who were
for this war at the start of the weapons debate. The US' agendas are far too transparent to been as
a serious.

Pride is the only the thing that will prevent Bush from stepping down from his "declaration of war"
against Iraq. I predict not only will the bar be set too high for Iraq to comply regarding the new
terms, but this war will go on anyway out of a determination to be *right*.

~ Anai Rhoads

- - - -
Forgiveness breaks the chain of causality because he who forgives you -- out of love--takes upon
himself the consequences of what you have done. Forgiveness, therefore, always entails a sacrifice.

On CNN this a.m. they reported that Colin Powell has stated that the USA will
block any attempt by the UN to send in weapons inspectors without a strong
new SC resolution.  I assume that this is so that the US can incite a
confrontation with poor behavior, harrassment etc from the inspection regime
thereby legitimizing war?

Roger Stroope
Peace is a Human Right
Austin College