Re: [casi] Thanks...but...here's the first U.N. war!

Dear Diarmuid & List,

Looks like you've got the right idea, in conducting the Rally. As for Tom
Levitt M.P., supporting the debate surely that, in itself, stimulates
interest amongst the community, thus profile-raising the campaign?

The Korean War (1950-53) was the first war fought under the UN flag.
A USA Secr. of Defense-site claims 22 countries were on the US/UN side.
Including Britain. "See-saw" fighting took place along the 38th paralell,
dividing North & South Korea. A total of ca 4 million lives were claimed.
Harry Truman (Hiroshima/Nagasaki) was President from the outset, later
Eisenhower, who signalled that he was prepared to Use nuclear weapons
against major opponent, China. General MacArthur wanted to invade China. Has
all this got anything to do with Iraq? What do you
think?

Greetings,  Bert G. (B'ham).