Re: [casi] My thoughts on tonight's news about inspections..

Nermin,

My theory is that the new terms that will be placed on Iraq will be too difficult for Saddam to
comply with. Which may make the US' claims that Iraq is either stalling (or just being awkward) a
reality.

I believe an attack on Iraq will take place soon after what I mentioned above - without inspectors
present. We all know UN inspectors were asked to leave two days before the attack in 1998. So I am
certain if this method of attack were to take place, the inspectors would not be present. The US
will make it hard for Iraq to accept new condtions...

I agree with you that, yes, we will have to wait and see. This is just my theory at the moment. I
hope I am wrong...

Best,

~ Anai Rhoads

Dear Anai,
just two days ago, I interviewed Nick Rahall, the American Congressman, who
delivered a speech in the Iraqi National Assembly urging Iraq to allow the
ispectors back. I told him :
  Suppose that the inspectors are back to Iraq again, and President Bush
achieves his strike against Iraq. What would you say to Iraqis and
Americans?
  He can not strike if the weapons inspectors will be in Iraq doing their
job. That will take some times and that will give us time to try to convince
him to take other options.
  Are you sure that you can convince him?
  No, I am not sure.
So, Anai, let us wait.
Beat regards
Nermin

- - - -
Forgiveness breaks the chain of causality because he who forgives you -- out of love--takes upon
himself the consequences of what you have done. Forgiveness, therefore, always entails a sacrifice.