Re: [casi] Hayat article

Dear Yasser,

All of us concerned know Iraq is a political minefield, this, as
encapsulated in its title, is a discussion list. All political sides are
generating rumours.

We non Arab speaking people on the list need no patronising, neither do the
people in Iraq 'who only have Saddam's papers to read'. Iraqis know exactly
the games which are going on.

To step in to other's conflicts is as arrogant as previous colonialism, but
this may well be a nuclear war. Many ignorant non Arab speaking people are
foolishly prepared to go to Iraq as human shields in the hope that relatives
of Iraqi's in the west are saved from vapourisation. Their courage would
have added resonace if Iraqis here joined them.

An aspect that us non Arab speakers find confusing is that those who have
relatives in Iraq are prepared to accept their decimation from the safe
haven of London, Birmingham, Glasgow or Cardiff. Maybe I am missing
something in which you can enlighten us.

Kindest, felicity a.