[casi] America's reaction to the news...

Dear List,

>From Reuters: "The White House dismissed Iraq's unconditional offer for the return of U.N. weapons
>inspectors, calling it a tactic that would fail and insisting a U.N. resolution requiring Iraq to
>disarm was still needed."

Correct me if I am wrong here but.. how does the US expect Iraq to disarm when its claiming it has
no weapons? If Iraq is confident that there are no weapons of mass destruction in their possession
and they clearly show co-operation.. why does the US not find this acceptable?

As I said in my previous post, I am very skeptical of what America's motives are here. I would be
very naive to say that the US won't go to war.

In another article I read tonight, there was a new poll out in the UK:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/020916/140/d9qft.html

"An earlier survey showed opposition at 50% with only 33% in favour - a gap of 17%. This has
dropped to 40% now compared to 36% in favour. The number of "don't knows" has risen from 17% to
24%, with 44% of men approving military action compared to 37% against. About 42% of women are
against war compared to 28% in favour. In the previous survey, men disapproved by 50% to 36%, while
50% of women opposed action, compared to 31% in favour."

MSNBC tonight spoke of a poll (they sponsored), saying that over 70% of Americans believe that a
war with Iraq will only make the US a bigger target/threat for terrorist attacks. Yet, on a
separate poll conducted the same time, shows over 60% of Americans are for war against Iraq.
Doesn't make sense does it?

~ Anai Rhoads

- - - -
Forgiveness breaks the chain of causality because he who forgives you -- out of love--takes upon
himself the consequences of what you have done. Forgiveness, therefore, always entails a sacrifice.