Re: [casi] No one replied to my this mail.

Dear List,

Diarmuid wrote:" Bill Clinton was by no means the dear man that you imagine
him to be. Under his presidency, hundreds, if not thousands, of bombs were dropped
on Iraq and the Iraqi people."

This is absolutely true, and I have recently seen more than one reference to
how well the US behaved under Clinton.

In 1993, the US accused Iraq of trying to assassinate Bush Sr. in Kuwait. Of
course no one was shown any evidence, in the habit of US world justice. We were
told that a cell of Iraqi agents was captured in Kuwait, and that investigations
were under way. Those people were not yet found guilty....
However, Bill Clinton sent his Cruise missiles against targets in Baghdad. We
were lied to, when the Americans told us that the targets were the headquarters of
Iraq's Intelligence Service.
But the bombs hit the following targets: Al-Rashid Hotel, Baghdad's best hotel
and the place where official delagations are lodged, and the house of a well-known
Iraqi artist.
What links those two targets?
Interesting question...

We all know that at the entrance of Al-Rashid hotel is a mosaic picture of the
face of Bush Sr. which everyone who enters the hotel has to step on. The house
which was blown up by cruise missiles was that of Layla Al-Attar, the Iraqi artist
who executed the mosaic. She and her family were killed in the attack.

Clinton's Secretary of State was Madeleine "the price is worth it" Albright.
Or have we forgotten??

HZ