[casi] Bush Speech to UN

It isn't very hard to determine the effect of Bush's speech in Europe. I
wasn't impressed but it will be a few days before widespread opinion is
expressed. Most TV commentators felt he was efficient and clever. They didn't
say they were convinced. There aren't many people left who haven't made up
their minds already so a rehash and what has to be regarded as a completely
hypocritical appeal to the sanctity of UN resolutions is not likely to change
anything. France still seemed to be talikjng strongly about the need for two
separate UN resolutions and was claiming support from Europe and from Arab
world. I didn't see any Iraqi response beyond meaningless rejection on the
grounds it was all lies. I have only seen right-wing US commentators who were
very predictable. I saw one ex-inspector(irish) who was unimpressed. IDS was
predictably in favour.

Regards,

Chris