[casi] Queries

Dear Yasser (and List)

Sorry about the delay in replying to your questions from last Friday.

> a while back someone posted a link to a page which had a description of
> all the opposition parties. if anyone remembers it please send it again.

I'm guessing you mean the Iraqi opposition groups. If so, it's at:
http://middleeast.reference.users.btopenworld.com/iraqiopposition.html

I don't know of any more thorough listing on the web. But that's for
others to judge.

> the second request is does anyone know where i can view a list of all
> the MPs that signed the motion against a war on iraq a while back?

There are a number of early day motions (EDMs) on Iraq that are currently
in session. They lapse at the start of the new parliamentary session
(October), and new ones will be introduced. The EDMs can be accessed via:

http://edm.ais.co.uk/weblink/html/search.html

Type "Iraq" into the search box, click on the "title" button, and 10 EDMs
currently in session come up (7 of which oppose the prospect of the
use of extensive armed force against Iraq, at least in part).

The most signed is Alice Mahon's EDM 927. When you click on the title of
the EDM, a full list of signatories (161 of them) comes up.

I hope this is helpful.

All the best
Glen.