[casi] Donahue tonight - seems to be a MUST-SEE - absolutely.

Maybe this is a good one to have our complacent
friends and family drop by to watch with us.

Lisa

Monday, August 19th, 2002

Tonight: Studs Terkel

He's a legendary oral historian, a permanent fixture
in the shaping of American history.  He earned the
Pulitzer Prize, was blacklisted in the 50's, and
established himself as one of the original, true
progressives.

"When something is cockeyed, as I think things are
today, I say it.  What have I got to lose?  I'm ninety
years old. So I can be subversive right now of the
wanton boy we call our appointed chieftain or of our
attorney general, who was born 300 years too late... I
like to speak the truth as I see it.  What have I got
to lose?"

Tonight, Studs Terkel tells Phil what every American
needs to know about what's going on in our government
and society.  He shares candid observations about
George W. Bush and John Ashcroft, the war drums
driving us toward Iraq, and the "gutless Democrats who
are not standing up for their beliefs" in Congress.

In an interview unlike anything you've seen before,
Studs Terkel sits down with Phil to tell stories,
share insights, and tell all Americans: "You must
speak out.  It's not just your right, it's your duty."

Tune in for a change of pace.  Tonight on Donahue at
8pm and 11pm EST on MSNBC.

Donahue on the web: http://www.donahue.msnbc.com

PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO YOUR EMAIL LISTS!

Guests and topics subject to change.  Please do not
email.  Send feedback to mailto:donahue@msnbc.com