Re: [casi] The inconsistency of Scott Ritter

Dear all

Like it or not, Scott Ritter has been all over the place. That fact is
inconvenient for those (including me) who are opposed to the sanctions
on Iraq. The piece was useful in that Ritter's inconsistency was
documented by direct quotes in an article that I otherwise found stupid
and objectionable. In the face of pro-war propaganda, I have no
intention of becoming a propagandist myself: only the whole truth will
do. Those of us who quote Ritter in support of their positions (again
including me) need to consider Ritter's overall record, which is hardly
reassuring. In his book Endgame, he argued that Iraq had not been
disarmed and was so dangerous that the US should go to war against it
straight away. He also said in the book that if the US would not go to
war, it was imperative that it did a diplomatic deal so that Iraq would
give up its dread weapons.

Eric

----------------------
Dr. Eric Herring