Re: [casi] 1998 dossier

Sadly, not got that - but was reading again, John R. Macarthur's 'Second
Front - Censorship and Propoganda in the Gulf War" (University of California
Press - isbn 0 520 08398 9 ) and again, the same old phrases and tactics
must have been disted off , put in new binders, briefcases ... there are a
litany (and of tactcs we are re-learning to love) just one e.g.: Bush senior
in an open  letter to college students (9th January 1991) 'Each day that
passes means another day ... Saddam Hussein can work toward building his
nuclear arsenal and perfecting his chemical and biological weapons
capability ...' (Revisted most of all by the again resurrected Richard
Butler in 1998 and now)

The chemical weapons manufacturing in trailors is quite imaginative though.
If even a chemically challenged eight year old didn't know that somewhat
more stringent conditions than a couple of rinsed out Nescafe jars and the
Iraqi equvalent of a cannibalised Winnebago was needed.

best, f.