[casi] Rogue states

>From a friend, f.

TITLE: The Other Side Of Deception
SUBTITLE: A Rogue Agent exposes the Mossad's Secret Agenda
AUTHOR: Victor Ostrovski
DATE: 1994
PUBLISHER: Harper Collins (Hard Back)

CONTENTS: After the bombing [of Libya Apr. 14, 1986 - following LaBelle],
the
Hizballah broke off negotiations regarding the hostages they held in Beirut
and
executed three of them, including one American named Peter Kilburn. (...)

Ephraim had spelled it all out for me and confirmed some of the information
I'd
already known. He then went on. "After the bombing of Libya, our friend
Qadhafi
is sure to stay out of the picture for some time. Iraq and Saddam Hussein
are
the next target. We're starting now to build him up as the big villain. It
will
take some time, but in the end, there's no doubt it'll work."

But isn't Saddam regarded as moderate toward us, allied with Jordan, the big
enemy of Iran and Syria?"

"Yes, that's why I'm opposed to this action. But that's the directive, and I
must follow it. Hopefully, you and I will be done with our little operation
before anything big happens. After all, we have already destroyed his
nuclear
facility, and we are making money by selling him technology and equipment
through South Africa. (...) (Pg. 117)

COMMENTS: The motto of the Mossad: "By way of deception, thou shalt do war."