Re: [casi] The Myth of Iraq's Fake Funerals

Dear Mark,
Yes, without that infamous incubator story Bush would probably not have got
the vote he needed to bombing Iraq. But, who did imagine that DEMOCRACY
means how to tell lies and win the wars!
The war against Iraq was and still a media war. There are many books speak
through documents about  this huge media war. The first book is (Attention
It Is the Media) by the Michel COLLON, 1991, published by IPO, Belgium. In
this book one can discover that the giant American Media Companies began the
war against Iraq and they ready foe other war against Iraq and elsewhere
because they owned by giant weapon companies that need war to get more and
more profits, thew book is in French. The second book, in Arabic, is (the
Western and American Media during the Two Gulf Wars) by Omer Jumaa, Amman,
1999. Omer Jumaa was the correspondent of VOA in Baghdad from 1974 till
1990, when he was faired because his wrote a story assuring those incubators
was is a fake through documents.  In his book, Jumaa published many
documents about the way through which western and American Media distorted
the truth. The other books are (the Gulf TV War ) by Douglas Kilner,
introduced by Naom Chomsky, ( the Double Speech Dictionary) any many others.
All these books assured that war is a Media war. Through giant companies and
huge amount of money VOA, BBC and other TV-Radio companies can make many
fake stories fall of lies that look like truth through computers. As
journalist, I worked with Americans and as contributed writer in many Arab
and foreign dailies, and I found that they did not publish any story about
the ongoing sanctions. I admit that we must do our best, but! I think that
you discover that even through CASI we want to say the truth but (some)
became angry and began to attack us. Let us work toward an alternative
media, more noble and honorable.
Best regards
Nermin Al-Mufti, Baghdad, Iraq