[casi] Fw: My comments to John Sweeney

***THIS MESSAGE WAS SENT TO THE BBC WEBSITE FOR INCLUSION IN THE DISCUSSION WITH JOHN SWEENEY
TOMORROW. INTERESTINGLY, I HAVE GONE BACK TO THE BBC WEBSITE TO GET HOLD OF THE PAGE ADDRESS AND IT
HAS DISAPPEARED...CONSPIRACY THEORISTS MAKE OF THAT WHAT YOU WILL!!!***

I have seen you described as a supporter of sanctions and of further military intervention in Iraq.

Surely you cannot be blind to the effect that military intervention and sanctions have had on the
Iraqi people? To suggest that unsubstantiated claims are facts (as you do with your story about
frozen babies) is highly unprofessional and certainly will not help the Iraqi people.

Like our glorious leaders, you seem to be labouring under the illusion that the Iraqi people and
Saddam Hussein are one and the same. They both deserve what they get. Consequently, as Saddam
consolidates his power, the US and the UK aid him by maintaining a policy of torture and murder
against the Iraqi people.

May I suggest that instead of listening to the wild accusations bandied around by an ex-torturer
who in turn heard it from a taxi driver who knows somebody in the regime and then presenting such
low rate evidence as journalistic fact, you may have served the cause of peace more by listening to
the warnings emanating from the United Nations building about the genocide being waged against the
Iraqi people?

That you failed to do so this time is a sad indictment of the state of  journalistic integrity. It
is to be regretted that the BBC has given your theories so much space. I hope that they will
provide equal space for a right to reply which will offset the half truths, the rumours and the
street gossip that passes for much journalistic fact.