Re: [casi] Letter on today's papers

Yasser wrote:

>This is a letter I wrote that got published in today's The Independent, The
>Times (this letter was slightly paraphrased to maintain exclusivity for The
>Times), Evening Standard and the Metro:

Just to clarify for list members who may be writing to the papers in future,
I doubt that The Times would regard 'slight paraphrasing' of a letter
published elsewhere as 'maintain[ing] exclusivity.' Indeed, as they
explained their policy to me a few years ago, publication of a letter on the
same topic in another paper at around the same time is sufficient for them
to regard a letter as not being 'exclusive.'

Best wishes,

Gabriel