re:[casi] the removal of SH

Dear all,

As list moderator I am writing to say that the subject of internal Iraqi
politics and individual motivations for discussion list membership is
now CLOSED for discussion. I feel confident in taking this step for two
reasons. Firstly, besides the high level of unsubscriptions, I have also
received many messages telling me they are thoroughly fed up with the
direction the list has been going in the past few months.  Secondly, as
you will see from the discussion list rules, the moderator has the
ultimate power to stop discussions that have clearly become unproductive.
A vocal minority should not have the power to spoil the list for the
silent majority.

The CASI committee will be discussing the issue of the discussion list
this weekend. This may well lead to a change in the parametres and rules
of the list. In the meantime - discussions of the personal politics of
Iraqi members and their motivations for being on the list are
*unacceptable*. Enough is enough!

Many thanks,
Abi
CASI lists manager