[casi] human rights

Dear listmembers,
let's talk about human rights. I was in Iraq in april this year. I met
Ghazwan, Nermin, Hassan, Tony, and others of this list, all beautiful
people. All honest people who dedicate their life fighting the unjust
sanctions, and opposing to American world domination. People who are
personally attacked all the time by Yasser & co.

One very high-ranking official of a UN-related organisation, whose name I
won't reveal (because he asked), told us off the record that there has been
a study about the effects of a limited American invasion, only to topple SH
and to turnover Iraqi leadership. The results of this study are quite
astonishing: there would be hundreds of thousands of deaths among the
civilian population, mainly because of the collapse of the rationing system
and the vulnerable Iraqi economy.
If I know these facts, surely the CIA-funded and/or US-government funded
Iraqi opposition must know these facts.
If you support an invasion, knowing these facts, can you call yourself a
friend of the Iraqi people? What "human rights" are you defending? And
should such people be able to express their "independent opinion" on an
anti-sanctions-list? I don't think so. "I just wonder when their conscience
will, if ever, catch up with them?"
Dirk Adriaensens.