[casi] Human Rights Watch Traveling Film Festival - Home Page

http://www.hrw.org/iff/2002/traveling/about.html

Dear All,
     The above web site is one where you can host your own Human Rights Watch Film Festival, which
is a traveling festival around the world. Contact the woman at the bottom of the page . The
documentary "Paying the Price - Killing the Children of Iraq would be an appropriate film to appear
in a Human Rights Watch Film Festival. I bring this up since one of the people on this list was a
part of it.    There is a human rights watch film festival that begins in NYC  at the Walter Reade
Theater on June 14. The only film that talks about Iraq in this festival is one entitled  "Stealing
the Fire" which talks about one Karl - Heinz Schaab who according to the film , sold Nuclear
secrets to  the countries of Pakistan and Iraq. I find it  troubling , how the right wing of the
USA uses every available access to convince convince a population that war against Iraq is
justifiable. It is I believe not a coincidence that this film would appear when it does in a Film
Festival. I will attend the screening of this on Sat. June 22 at 6:30 (when the film makers will be
present) to ask them " though their intentions may have been honorable do they not see how the
timing of such a film could possibly serve interests of those who are not humaine and their
intentions not honorable." If anyone has any knowledge of this and can think of a better question
please let me know.  Thanks  Sincerely, Peggy