Re: [casi] How much time should we spend attacking AI?

Dear Philippa

Thank you for your thoughtful message. Yes Iraq has been on the list A.I.
for years and years. No One, and I mean no one, is happy about that. The
point I wanted to make is that A.I report of the violations ARE USED to
justification the continuation of sanctions. The human rights violations of
the rights of "relatively few" people are USED to inflict suffering (and
human rights violations?) on a much wider population.  Curing a headache by
giving the patient a very strong drug with crippling Side effects (if not
fatal!) will
only lead to a much bigger problem than the one you wanted to cure. It is
the
"wrong" use of the drug, not the drug it self, that caused the bigger
problem. But if you force me to take that drug then I say it is not good.
Sanctions are like chopping the head to "permanently" curing the headache.
Logic says that if you have a headache live with it if you have not other
choice, it is better than taking the poison pill.

Best Regards
Ghazwan Al-Mukhtar
Baghdad, Iraq