Re: [casi] Full Amnesty Report on Iraq 2002

 Dear Mustafa and all,
Yes, SANCTIONS fall with in Human Rights category. Yet, it is not a simple
sanction, it is totally BLOCKADE or as Ramsy Clark and others called it
SIEGE in their book Iraq under Siege. I am sure that you and other Iraqis
who are living abroad know this very well.
As I said before Blockade became our style of life. it is very painful to
say so, still we are doing our best to survive, here in Iraq, our lovely
country. There is progress, just look to the reconstruction of the whole
country, which was destroyed by the 1991 aggression. We are doing our best
through our own abilities.
(I understand that you cannot be seen to agree with these because of your
current position.) My current position is a student of MA and a mother tries
to supervise her only son. Defending my country is just defending our life.
in the 1970s, the same government was ruling. In 1979, I was a student in a
summer course in London (on my expense) and till now I remember how the
others from all nationalities, even Britain, were jealous from me because of
mine President Saddam Hussein. Every country has its right to develop its
defensive tools. US the only super power do develop its defensive every day.
But who dares to speak?
(. I couldn't agree more with you myself.) I do not need or ask for that.
Every one has his own beliefs, but without attacking the others. I think
(free expression) is one of the human rights, I mean do not try to stop
others from speaking, as the others try.
(Yes, the sanctions on civilian goods certainly violate the Human Rights
Charter and many other international accords in this field. Actually, AI
acknowledges the suffering of the Iraqi people under sanctions. It supports
all means to end the suffering and strongly supports the position of the UN
Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights, adopted on 8 December
1997, that "inhabitants of a given country do not forfeit their basic
economic, social and cultural rights by virtue of any determination that
their leaders have violated norms relating to international peace and
security.")
I think UN know more than me and you that these sanctions were put to be for
ever. Just before days Tom Myat, the United Nations Humanitarian
Co-ordinator in Iraq, said during a meeting with Voices UK, that he was
ready to resign if his resignation would put an end to the sanctions. So
during days he was changed with another one. They all know that these
sanctions were planned to stay, just to harm Iraqis.
(Are we talking about the same America that imposed Sanctions on the Iraqi
people?, )OK, I am asking now: if you know America, so who do you and others
believe
in its alleges against Iraq? Again Ramsy Clark and in his book The Fire This
Time, said according to documents that US helped Iran through intelligence
reports and weapons. Do you forget Iran-gate, the US scandal of providing
Iran with sophisticated weapons?
(America has even provided this"information", but do you really think it is
a credible statement?)
but, it is the same America provides information that you and the others
beleive in.
Again, let us work to put an end for this sever blockade, and let us discuss
HOW can we manage this goal.
Peace, Nermin