[casi] Justifying Mass Murder

Dear CASI members,

Hassan Zeini wrote:
"What happened in Dujeil should perhaps be
explained, not taken out of context"

Well done Hassan, thanks for your explanation.
But I have to say that I literally felt sick
reading it.

SADDAM'S HEAVY INVESTMENT IN SOCIAL PROGRAMS

I still insist that these programs were
not "heavy" enough for ordinary Iraqis to notice
them.
In this email I will try to tell you a bit about
the health services.
Military hospitals received good funding and had
relatively high standard of service. These
hospitals can only be used by members of the
army or the regime officials. Saddam center for
heart surgery (formerly known as "adnan
kheirallah hospital") that felicity told us
about was one them. But it had a section
called "the private section" which can be used
by ordinary citizens after paying charges that
most people could not afford.
Ordinary hospitals suffered from dirt (the sight
of cats hanging around in operation theatres is
not uncommon), shortage in medicines (the
pharmacist would say :we have the paracetamol,
but you need to get the antibiotic from a
private pharmacy), outdated equipment (people
never trusted hospital's laboratory results,
unless they couldn't afford the private test),
staff shortages (might be difficult to believe,
but a doctor would admit 3 or even 4 people at
the same time), etc..

That was all before Saddam's "wise" decision to
invade Kuwait, which lead to sanctions, which
brings us back to the subject of this list.

ahmed

Sent by Mail at easy.com, an easyGroup company.