Re: [casi] Baathists in a twist

Dear Roger, and all:

>I do believe that
>bombing Iraq is criminal and those that call for violence to end violence
>are
>thinking in a wrongheaded fashion.

I suppose that using violence (i.e. war) to stop Nazi expansion in Europe
was wrong according to your definition. I wonder what the world would be
like in that circumstance....very scary indeed.

If I am not mistaken, Hitler also brought huge economic and social
improvements to Germany prior to WW2. You can "acknowledge" that, but his
thirst for wars and genocide mustn't be forgotten, or left out of the
equation. I could just as well be describing Saddam, since his Résumé is
almost identical to that of Hitler. I don't need to mention the wars which
have led to millions of deaths (yes millions, remember?), or the genocide
and the countless cases of human rights abuses, executions, expulsions and
'total town-destructions' (I don't even think there's a word in the
dictionary to describe it) because you already know about it. Do you
seriously think that something like this is occurring "inside the borders"
of "every other country"? I don't know whether to laugh or to cry if you
really believe that, honestly.

As an Iraqi, and being unrelated to any political parties whatsoever, I can
personally say that Saddam and Sanctions are two sides of the same evil
coin. You can argue all you like, but if you haven't experienced both at
first hand, then you cannot ever truly understand.

Peace, Mustafa