Re: [casi] Full Amnesty Report on Iraq 2002 Episode 4.

Dear All kind and concerned people,

I couldn't help and give my input when there were claims of
authority being used and bragged about.
I am an Iraqi who lived before and after the 1991 war, and
practiced medicine there during the sanctions. I have no
affiliation to any Iraqi political party or ideology inside or
outside Iraq, and all my family are professional university
scientisits. Like almost every Iraqi family we also suffered and
lost loved ones to the cruel Iraqi regiem. However, my main
concern, as that on this list I hope, is the people of Iraq. No
one has said Saddam is a great guy. Anyone saying that would be
ill-informed. But no one can deny the social and financial well
being Iraq has been in prior to 1991, and that only the
sanctions are responsible to the change of status since then. I
saw helplessly sick Iraqis coming to the hospitals and cannot do
anything to them becuase there was no medicine, while it was
abundunt before 1991 (it was the same regiem, so it doesn't need
a rocket scientest to realize what changed).
But to help non-Iraqis on this list to understand why some would
advocate war to topple Saddam regardless of the consequences to
the people, these are the main categories of Iraqis nowadays;
those inside Iraq who have suffered and still suffer from the
regiem and know it better than others, but would not want to
suffer more by bombing and starvation like the 1991 till present
war and bombings and like the sanctions.
There are the Iraqis outside Iraq, who left it for their own
personal intrests and selfishness, (like myself).
A group of those outside Iraq have developed either their own
ambitions and affiliations to rule Iraq (like the rediculous
Iraqi National Congress/or whatever they call their names now:
whom even the US could not trust and rely on as a substitute to
Saddam), or have a personal vandetta with the regiem that is
obstructing their clear vision. These group of people are no
better than Saddam in many ways when they advocate bombing Iraq
or doing war to topple Saddam, because evethough they know the
death toll would be enourmus, and the anarchy that happens
afterwards can be disasterous, they don't care for the people.
I met some of thsoe people, and some are actually on the pay
roll of the US government and think (or say they think)they are
brave nationalist working for the good cause of the Iraqi
people.

I am hopeful no one on this list is from these groups. In
medicne, when we have two illnesses, one is a chronic ongoing
one, and the other is an acute life threatning, we deal with the
latter first. the sanctions, and now the war prospects, are the
acute life threatning to the Iraqi people.

Thank you all for the concerns about the welfare of the Iraqi
people: the 20 Million of them, not the few thousands in the
regiem.

Best regards
Wael