Re: [casi] No-Fly Zones

Hi Suzy & All,

Haven't got any exact, up-to-date, figures re. Iraqi casualties, from
US/British air raids in the no-fly zones. The following may, however, give
you some idea: (Voices in the Wilderness). "Are the no-fly zones illegal?
Media coverage of the no-fly zones - by Jeffrey J.Weiss, Professor,
Political Science, Des Moines Area Community College (US or Canada?)...The
Associated Press reported on April 21, 2000 an estimate of 295 Iraqis killed
and 860 injured in the no-fly zones since December of 1998 ("Officials
Estimate Airstrike Casualties", Des Moines Register, 4-21-2000, p.2A).

In general, and I've suggested this before to other enquirers, use a site
such as Google, then experiment with various keywords/phrases, such as
"Casualties from US/British Air Raids in Iraq's no-fly zones".
or "Effects on Iraqi civilians of no-fly zones". - Good luck, Suzy, and
please do share any information you come accross with your CASI pals!

Greetings,  Bert Gedin (B'ham, U.K.).