[casi] FW: UN double standards

Dear Friends,

What has struck me with this outrageous refusal of Sharon to allow in a
distinguished and experienced UN deleation to Jenin is the double standards.
Annan bleats apologetically along the lines of 'sorry to trouble you, of
course we won't take it any further ...'

Iraq refuses the weapons inspectors, the UK and US threaten to even use
nuclear weapons ('yes is not good enough' made it clear that even their
return would not halt US resolve to attack a decimated people) and Annan
stays silent.

He is fiddling while the Middle East literally and metaphorically burns.
That this impotent incumbant is presiding over a potential eruption beyond
the imagination and bleats quietly about 'restraint', is truly mind bending.
Quiet diplomacy talk is long gone - a firm hand and the UN halting cowing to
the US and it's little puppy, the UK is a must.

Could not we flood politicians, Annan and the media, talks, lectures with
these stark double standards? We all get weary of 'flooding ..' but this one
seems to me so blatantly outrageous.

best, felicity a.