Re: [casi] media!!!

If anyone is looking for a show on hands on these
contentious statements:

1.  This westerner (I) believe we have NO FREE MEDIA
in the U.S. anymore.  I'll join with anyone in their
criticism of our tv news, controlled completely by
their corporate sponsors.

2.  Repressed or not, I agree that the Iraqi people
should have a say in their future.  It's too quick and
easy to say, "Oh, they don't have a say," and then
disregard any attempt to find out how they feel.

Lisa, certainly not defending Saddam Hussein or trying
to diffuse criticism of his regime.  Most of what I
know is based on trust - trust of a media that lies.
Hence, I don't know what's happening in Iraq, but I DO
know what drives the U.S. powerhouses.