From: "nermin" <na.ali@uruklink.net>
To: <casi-discuss@lists.casi.org.uk>
Subject: [casi] media!!!!!
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 12:18:13 +0300

Hi all,

More than 120 Europeans had arrived Iraq since w a week. The delegation led
by Michele Colon (Belgium) who wrote the most important book on the way
through which the American and Western were and are misleading media, the
book is (Attention It Is the Media). Among the delegation are members of
this list. They visited hospitals, al-Ameryah shelter and Basra and met many
Iraqi high rank officials. They came as solidarity with Iraq. In the same
time, they demonstrated in front of the UN Baghdad Office as solidarity with
Palestine. I do not try sending their news, but to show that the Western
Media is still against Iraq and Palestine. The corespondents of western
media in Baghdad did not attend all these activities. Instead if only one
European spoke against Iraq the all will be interested in. Some Arab-
American writers and journalists held a conference in San Francisco State
University (personally I was invited) under the title (Alternative Media). I
think we must work together toward an alternative media. Is there any chance
to succeed while CNN puts hand on 90% of news resources in the world? I do
not know, yet let us try.

Best regards.

Nermin al-Mufti, Baghdad