[casi] CASI list

Dear CASI list,

This message has two purposes -

The first is to introduce myself as the new CASI email list manager. Any
queries or complaints about the way the list is run? I'd be very grateful
if you could address them in the first instance to me at
lists-manager@casi.org.uk. Please only email the whole list if you really
feel you have a point of general interest to make.

The second purpose is to remind people that the list should not be used to
make personal accusations - veiled or otherwise - about other list
members. This includes insinuations that 'certain' list members are
members of the Iraqi regime.

On a personal note, and independently of the above, I would hope that
list members read all posts on the CASI list with their critical antennae
waving - whether you believe the originator is saddam hussein, george bush
or the lady down the road. I think postulating conspiracy theories about
'infiltration' is unnecessary and unhelpful, and simply spreads suspicion
and mistrust. These are hardly the right ingredients for constructive
discussion and effective campaigning.

Incidentally, all emails sent to the CASI list are now automatically
screened for viruses so no-one's system is in danger from any list emails.

Many thanks!

Abi Cox