Re: [casi] Infiltration

Surely the issue at hand is not to 'nuke Mecca' (and Baghdad was next in
line as one pro US online journal advocated) and return to diplomacy (even
Colin Powell: ' asked how many Iraqis had died in the slaughter of the Gulf
war, who replied: ''frankly it'ds a number I'm not much interested in') is
advocating diplomacy etc re Israel and Palestine.

I would regretfully submit that some with less than the high integrity of
discussion, which have made CASI an internationsal model, may have been
worried by CASI. Surely individuals in Baghdad should be involved in itds
views as to whether it is nuked? Given the supression of mounting dissent by
the UK Parliamentarians and international outrage - and attempts to hush
their voices, it seems we are in a dusky area. At the end of the day we may
be involved in another Hiroshima/Nagasaki - a first for the UK but not for
the US.

We need, I feel to be very careful before excluding debate from the possible
next Hiroshima victims - which might delete not alone Iraq, but the Middle
East - the cradle of civilisation.

Sorry again, academics, we ARE a discussion list.

Warmest, felicity a.