Re: Fw: [casi] Iraq stops oil exports for 30 days (fwd)

 Dear Mr.  Yasir Al-Wakeel and others

1-     While hundreds of thousands were demonstrating in London, Rome,
Paris, Washington, Cairo, Damascus, Bahrain... protesting the Israeli
massacres of  Palestinian  civilians I found the timing very awkward that  <
some 1,200 people marched through central London demanding the overthrow
of....... Iraqi President Saddam Hussein>. One would hope that those "1200"
should have joined the other hundreds of thousands in demanding the end of
Israeli occupation.

2-     Comparing the hundreds of thousands with the "1200" might indicate
how little support the organizers have despite the large number of Iraqi and
Arabs living in London.

3-     I personally have no reservation on the "1200" demonstration. They
can demonstrate as much as they want, in the end the UK and US will do what
they want irrespective I object to the timing.

4-     The "1200" demonstration  <coincided> with the Israeli call to oust
chairman Yasser Arafat [ a fact] . I have selected the word < coincided>
very carefully. You are free to understand it as meaning "linked"

5-     I strongly believe that what is happening in Palestine now is America
's response to the Arab governments' refusal to join America's war on Iraq.
The US vice president visit to the area was a disaster. This is the first
time Arabs say NO to America including Kuwait. Super America will not
forgive the Arabs.

6-     The original posting says that  <any military action against the
dictator must not harm the people of Iraq>  The statement talks about
"military action" meaning shooting, bombing, artillery fire, Aircraft
bombing, guided missiles.. In short KILLING people. On the other hand it
says < must not harm the people of Iraq>.  How can these two contradictory
goals be achieved. Do you bomb the uninhabited desert? Do you ask the 4
millions in Baghdad to leave the city so it can be bombed and not < harm the
people of Iraq>. What if we all moved to Baquba so they can bomb Baghdad and
Saddam Husain comes with us to Baquba. Do you still bomb Baghdad or change
the target to Baquba? One has to talk sensibly "military action" means
killing people, innocent people, children, old people, women and it may not,
repeat may not, result in regime change. If that is what the "1200"
demonstrates want then they should say so and cut the crap about < not harm
the people of Iraq>

7-     Those of us who lived through the 8 years of Iraq Iran war,  1991
gulf war and the subsequent air attacks on Iraq know very well what war
means. The 22  millions living in Iraq now have suffered tremendously over
the last 20 years and should not be subjected to further suffering under any
pretext. I think any one who advocates bombing Iraq should come here to Iraq
to live under the "fire"!!

8-     Your posting touched on several other important points. Sorry Yasir I
will have to address them in a separate message later.

Wishing you all the best,

Ghazwan Al-Mukhtar

Baghdad, Iraq