Re: [casi] March yesterday

Hi all,

Ghazwan and co. again demonstrate where their alliegance is.

1) Ghazwan is a Ba'athist and part of Saddam's regime - the fact that he has
the access, the time, the money, and the 'freedom' to take part in such a
list from Iraq is proof enough of this. He is like the Ba'athist who have
the money and time to call me up from Iraq, and speak with me for almost an
hour at a time, threatening me, in their stupid and disgusting manner, that
they will harm my relatives (who they let me talk to first to prove they are
present) if I do not do such and such. Only those loyal to the regime are
provided with so much money to do these time- and money-consuming actions in
a starving country.

2) The majority of my family are back in Iraq, so you are in no position to
question how much issues in Iraq hurt and effect me. I have several family
members who have died as a result of sanctions. I also have several family
members who have been tortured to death or executed by the regime Ghazwan
belongs to.

3) The Iraqi dictatorship estimates (therefore these are not conservative
numbers) that 1.5 million Iraqis have died as a result of sanctions.
Conservative estimates put the number of Iraqis killed due to Saddam Hussein
and his regime at just over 1 million. Now you tell me, is that something to
ignore and be silent about? I am not supporting military action in the form
it took in Afghanistan, but even if you add up ALL those killed as a result
of 'smart' bombs, they are a tiny fraction of those who have been killed and
will continue to be killed under Saddam's regime. If you take any US-backed
South American dictator, or any other US-backed dictator and count the
number killed under them, it is a fraction of what Saddam's regime has and
is killing. So to all those who warn of the results of allowing the US to
remove Saddam's regime: this is a life and death situation. As a training
doctor and as a human being, my priority is to save as many lives as I can.
I dream and pray every single day of a free Iraq where there is no dictator,
US-backed or otherwise, but I know in the immediate future the only
realistic way to lessen the deaths is to support moves to oust Saddam's
regime. However, as I and those who care and love the Iraqi people have
campaigned, our calls for the removal of Saddam and his regime are also
coupled with opposition against doing this via carpet bombing the country
and killing thousands of innocent people and against economic sanctions.

4) Finally, what i pasted was an article from a British newspaper, so they
are not my words and do not encompass exactly how I think or feel.

All those who support a loyal member of Saddam's regime, are either ones
themselves, supporters of Saddam, or are not concerned for the Iraqi people
but only their ideologies. It sickens me how for decades the Iraqi people
have been used by countless sides for their own gain, and how this continues
to happen on this list by those who want to apply their ideologies or their
alliegances to the situation in Iraq.

Yasser Alaskary