Re: [casi] Iraq's NBC capabilities and the withdrawal of weaponsinspectors

Dear Eric and all

Thanks for notifying us of the resources, Eric. As their author, I tend to
agree with your assessment. So any critical comments to me, please.

Whilst I'm at it, I've started compiling an index of news reports -
largely taking the most informative from the compilations of Peter Brooke,
Voices and Iraq Sanctions Monitor - and ordering them by theme. So if
you're in a hurry and want a few soundbites on, say, what regional
governments think of an attack on Iraq, the following may be useful:

http://www.arabmediawatch.com/iraq/reading/index.htm

Finally, on the CASI site, the recent Save the Children UK report -
"Understanding Kurdish Livelihoods in Northern Iraq" (February 2002) - is
definitely worth reading.
http://www.cam.ac.uk/societies/casi/info/savechildren/scf0202niraqrep.pdf

Oh, and the URLs that Eric provides are slightly inaccurate. They should
be
http://www.arabmediawatch.com/iraq/mythwmdevidence.htm
and
http://www.arabmediawatch.com/iraq/mythofunscom98.htm

I hope there's something useful in all this for campaigning.

Best wishes
Glen.