Re: [casi] disinfo ......

Hi

I envy my friend for his capability to "remotely sensing"  that I am <
someone working with saddam's regime and dictorial government.>.  I hope my
friend will reread my posting of Jan 11,2002 <Re Halabja & political
agendas.htm> at CASI. For 34 years I struggled with "saddam's regime" to
maintain my independent thinking. I do not think that anyone, not even from
London, will be able to intimidate me!! Yes brother I live under "saddam's
regime" and able to be an independent thinker and that is a credit.
If the Iraqi media is full of disinformation (or misinformation) does that
mean that the British press should do the same? If so what is the
difference?
The important point is that this is only one, well documented historical,
example. CASI have repeatedly corrected BBC on this issue. The BBC continued
to use the same "lie" over and over again. I am afraid that they believed
their own lies.
In a dictatorship the dictator "knows" what is "good" for the people and
take a decision "for" them. In democracy the people will make an "informed"
decision. If they make their decision based on "misinformation or
disinformation" it is likely that the wrong decision will be taken "in their
name".
Lastly I think <whoever controls the press, (not the past), controls the
future>

Ghazwan Al-Mukhtar
Baghdad, Iraq