[casi] BBC Today - Depeted Uranium & Iraq war threats

I phoned the Today studio and warned them to expect some messages.  I think they know now!
Also important was the first serious mention of Depleted Uranium on BBC Radio in 4 months
- despite frequent warnings about the high risk that the US have used large quantities of DU.
Relevance to CASI is that the same weapons are part of the Iraq plan.

The significance of the new DU weapons issue is not just the prospect of another war on Iraq
but what kind of war the US is planning.  If my analysis is correct and DU has been used in new
guided bombs and cruise missiles, on targets in populated areas, we may be talking of
deliberate slow genocide.  If they didn't realise the full hazard potential of DU in 1991 they
must do now, despite waves of compromised, re-assuring research.  This report is a shade
more serious than the others last year, though it is still based on old (known) DU weapons.
Its conclusions have greater significance for DU in larger warheads.

The Royal Society Report is online at http://www.royalsoc.ac.uk/policy/du.htm
The Today interview is on the BBC website together with the Iraq report at:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/today/listen/listen.shtml

Dai Williams
eosuk@btinternet.com