RE: Pesticides, WFP and helicopters--help

Hi! Re. helicopters & spare parts etc., maybe the main questions  have
already been answered. However, a fairly brief article by Leon Barkho,
Associated Press writer, does provide some extra details. Printed 2nd April
1998 (not very recently!), it tells of U.N. permitting Iraq to import spare
parts to fix six helicopters used in crop dusting. FAO had hired Hungarian
pilots to fly the helicopters, for use in southern & northern Iraq. Intended
for spraying wheat & barley crops, the U.N. Food & Agricultural Organization
would closely monitor, as use could also be for delivering chemical weapons.
Try this URL:
http://www.cin.org/archives/al-bushra/199804/0014.html
Greetings,
Bert Gedin.