Re: casi, INA

Dear Daniel and CASI-members,
I will print Ina's message dated 23 jan. It was published in Iraq Daily on
24 jan. It is slightly different from the INA-article on 24th, but nowhere
can one read that "Palestinian President Yasser Arafat on Wednesday urged
Iraq's President Saddam Hussein to intervene to prevent Israeli "aggression"
against the Palestinian people."
The original INA-article says: " The message also included a request to
intervene in the international community to halt the savage, bloody Zionist
aggression launched against the Palestinian people a year and a half ago
which is a flagrant defy to the Arab and Islamic Nations. And to work for
providing an international protection to the Palestinian people."
.. to intervene in the international community. A big difference between
Reuter's and Ina. The lie remains.And even more difficult to unmask.
Thanks Daniel for the remark.
Greetings all.
Dirk Adriaensens.

President receives Palestinian President's envoy
Baghdad, Jan. 23, INA

President Saddam Hussein on Wednesday received the Palestinian President's
envoy, Palestinian Minister of General Labor Azzam al-Ahmed.

Al-Ahmed, who also acts as Palestinian ambassador to Baghdad, conveyed a
message from President Yasser Arafat concerning the dangerous situations in
the Occupied Territories due to the continuous brutal Zionist aggression
against the Palestinian people and Moslems and Christians holy sites.

The message also touched upon the crippling siege imposed by the Zionist
authorities on the movement of the people and officials in the Palestinian
Authority in which the Zionists used all sorts of weapons, including the
internationally-banned ones, to achieve their goals.

The message also included a request to intervene in the international
community to halt the savage, bloody Zionist aggression launched against the
Palestinian people a year and a half ago which is a flagrant defy to the
Arab and Islamic Nations. And to work for providing an international
protection to the Palestinian people.

The Palestinian Minister conveyed President Arafat's greetings and salutes
to President Hussein and his wishes the people of Iraq for further progress
and prosperity.

"The speeches and addresses of support and solidarity issued by His
Excellency President Hussein on each occasion, more on each day, reach us in
Palestine continuously and they give us additional morale," al-Ahmed said.
Lauding the big support presented by His Excellency to the sons of
Palestine, especially the patronage presented by His Excellency to the
families of martyrs and injured and sharing the bread among Iraqis and
Palestinians.

Welcoming Iraq's guest and inquiring about President Arafat's health and the
morale of the struggling Palestinian people President Hussein said, "Some of
the Western governments are standing with Israel as if they represent one
case. The other part are subject to the influence of Zionist media which
pressurizes the figures and interests created by the Zionists inside their
nations through the capitals they grip. Yet, I believe that the Zionist
entity feels defeated, and the Westerns will reach a final result that this
entity is refused, has no future and its destiny is on hell-hole despite the
well-known Western procrastination because they were who created the Zionist
entity and used it against the others."

"The Arab people has the ability to the level that makes Arabs and the
humanity proud. What took place in Iraq, the Palestinian resistance and
South Lebanon when the enemy was forced to pull out unconditionally are
enough to predict us that the elements of ability are great in the Nation.
All we have is to activate ourselves, for the people is ready to abide
chivalry with its principles," President Hussein added.

"Convey my salutes to Abu Ammar (President Arafat) and all strugglers, men
and women. Tell him that we feel proud of the Palestinian people's stand and
its confrontation to the Zionist entity, and we are happy that the people's
steadfastness has become understandable for Arabs," President Hussein told
the guest.

The President confirmed Iraq's stand with the people of Palestine, its
leadership and with President Yasser Arafat personally as a leader and a
symbol of the Palestinian people.

President Hussein stressed that Iraq will continue its move despite its hard
conditions to provide all elements of Arab backing and force to the people
of Palestine and its leadership, in addition to offering backing to
consolidate the Palestinian people's steadfastness in facing up to the
savage Zionist aggressions.

The President asked the guest to ensure Abu Ammar about Iraq's situation and
informing him that the Iraqi people's readiness in now higher than before
and it is adherent to its principles, but what preoccupies Iraq now is the
Palestinian issue which will be restored to its people, God's Willing.

President Hussein also asked the guest to convey his greetings and salutes
to each Palestinian.

Present at the audience was Foreign Minister Naji Sabr.