RE: Query on Oil For Food

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your e-mail about the gap between contracts approved for shipment
to Iraq, and contracts actually arrived.  We had a brief correspondence on
this list about this last May under the thread name "banned goods".  My
posting at
http://www.casi.org.uk/discuss/2001/msg00425.html set out what I knew then,
which hasn't changed.  I've looked at some of the other postings in that
thread as my recollection is that some others also addressed this question;
I gave up before finding these, though.

You're absolutely right that the holds don't explain this gap.

Best,

p.s. for those who don't know, messages posted to this discussion list are
archived on the CASI website.  The archive can be searched.

Colin Rowat

work | Room 406, Department of Economics | The University of Birmingham |
Birmingham, B15 2TT, UK | web.bham.ac.uk/c.rowat | (+44/0) 121 414 3754 |
(+44/0) 121 414 7377 (fax) | c.rowat@bham.ac.uk

personal | (+44/0) 7768 056 984 (mobile) | (+44/0) 7092 378 517 (fax) |
(707) 221 3672 (US fax) | colinrowat@yahoo.com