Sept 11 Relatives to Speak Out Against Sanctions and War in London: Public Meeting, Conference, NVDA

Please circulate as widely as possible.

Voices in the Wilderness UK http://www.viwuk.freeserve.co.uk
ARROW http://www.justicenotvengeance.org

SEPTEMBER 11 RELATIVES SPEAK IN LONDON
Public Meeting Thursday 21 February 2002
Conference Saturday 23 Sunday 24 February 2002
(ARROW is also organising nonviolent direction against the war for
Monday 25 February 2002)

As many of you will have seen, relatives of victims of September 11
are currently in Afghanistan, making a powerful statement for
reconcilation and nonviolent alternatives to war and revenge.
ARROW and Voices in the Wilderness UK find themselves able to
bring over two, perhaps three, relatives to speak out in the UK against
war and vengeance.

PUBLIC MEETING 'Justice Not Vengeance'
"Family Members Of Victims Of 11 September Speak Out Against
Military Retaliation And For An End To Economic Sanctions On Iraq"

7pm, Thursday 21 February 2002, Friends House, Euston, London
WC1

Amber Amundson, who lost her husband Craig Scott Amundson in
the Pentagon on 11 September 2001, and Ryan Amundson, Craig's
brother, are travelling to the UK to speak out against the politics of
revenge, and against economic sanctions on Iraq. Amber and Ryan led
the 'Walk for Healing and Peace' from Washington DC to New York
(facilitated by Voices in the Wilderness US) in November 2001. We
have also invited Kelly Campbell, Craig's sister-in-law, who is currently
in Afghanistan.

Amber wrote in the Chicago Tribune on 25 September last year, 'I
have heard angry rhetoric by some Americans, including many of our
nation's leaders, who advise a heavy dose of revenge and punishment.
To those leaders, I would like to make it clear that my family and I
take no comfort in your words of rage. If you choose to respond to
this incomprehensible brutality by perpetuating violence againSt other
innocent human beings, you may not do so in the name of justice for
my husband.'

Other speakers include Milan Rai of Voices in the Wilderness UK,
recently returned from a sanctions-breaking delegation to Iraq.

Public Meeting sponsored by Voices in the Wilderness UK and
ARROW.

CONFERENCE:
RESIST! Resisting The "War On Terrorism", Breaking The Sanctions
On Iraq'

Sat 23 Feb 10am - 6pm; Sun 24 Feb 10am - 4pm, Kingsley Hall, Powis
Road, London E2, nearest tube Bromley by Bow.

An opportunity for the anti-war and anti-sanctions movements to
regroup, to be re-inspired, and to re-dedicate ourselves to nonviolent
alternatives to war, sanctions and revenge.

A conference with Amber Amundson and Ryan Amundson, widow
and brother of Craig Scott Amundson, killed in the Pentagon on 11
September;      Kathryn Tulip (recently returned from civil disobedience
in the Israeli-occupied territories); Milan Rai and Matt Barr of Voices
in the Wilderness UK (recently returned from sanctions-breaking
delegation to Iraq); Haifa Zengana of Act Together: Women Against
Economic Sanctions on Iraq; and other speakers.

Conference sponsored by Voices in the Wilderness UK, ARROW,
Act Together.

Conference fee: £10 waged, £5 unwaged. Donations
extremely welcome.

Please make cheques payable to 'ANTI-SANCTIONS CONFERENCE'
and send to Glenn, Anti-Sanctions Conference, 29 John St, Enfield,
Mddx, EN1 1LG. For booking form, please email
glenn@viwuk.freeserve.co.uk

Telephone: 0845 458 9571

NONVIOLENT DIRECT ACTION

At the Conference ARROW will be launching a pledge of
nonviolent resistance to the US/UK "war on terrorism". During the
conference there will be a planning and preparation process for
nonviolent civil disobedience at a London location on Monday 25
February.

FINANCIAL SUPPORT

The opportunity to bring Amber and Ryan to London has just arisen.
ARROW and Voices UK believe this is an enormously valuable
opportunity for the anti-war movement in the UK. We do not have
the funds at the moment to finance this entire programme, and are
appealing for financial support.

If you are able to make a donation, of whatever size, please send make
a cheque out to 'Voices in the Wilderness UK', mark it
"AMUNDSON VISIT" and send it to Voices UK, 16B Cherwell St,
Oxford OX4 1BG.

Best wishes

Milan Rai
ARROW/Voices in the Wilderness UK